Friday, March 28, 2008

73 degrees. Partly cloudy.

As much as I'm not a fan of the South,
I must admit that it’s blessed me
with a beautiful past couple of days.
Toasty, but not too toasty. Windy, but not overly windy.
If days had flavor to them, the past couple days were delicious.

Great weather for reflection.



As one of my professors, Charles Hall, alluded to,
"who took the fun out of advertising?"
Well, I couldn't agree more.
But I'd like to make this statement a little more personal.

"When did the fun get taken out of me."

Well, I haven't been fun this semester.
I've failed a lot. A whole lot.
And because of that it has been
a very tough semester for me. But all for the better.
Without failure, there is no learning.
And in my case, there's been
a whole lot of learning going on this semester.

With this new weather comes a new perspective.
Toasty, but not too toasty. Windy, but not overly windy.
If it had a flavor to it, this new perspective would be delicious.

My new perspective is to take it all light-hearted.
To stop trying to get everything right
and instead just do. Do what I know.
Do what I like. Do what I feel.
'Cause isn't that what I'm in this business for anyway.

The reality check is
that it is a lot easier to say it than do it.
But to hell with that,
I'm gonna keep trying.
It's my time now.

1 comment:

Zeb P said...

Hey Chris,
Life is certainty much easier at the brand-center when you don't fail all the time. However I'd like to change your perspective on your failure. Some writers never come out in the Coz and Wayne show. Coz/wayne has a style where even the best writers crash and burn trying to achieve. I feel that you, Holly, and Erika have all really shown your ability in Charles Hall's class. You know it, because you brought the Charles Hall style to concept day for Old el paso. You went with your strength and it was not appreciated by Coz. Don't let Coz get you down. He is one voice.
Leo