Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's a gray day in richmond

This town can be spooky at times.
Especially, at the end of winter.
Trees creep into the sky, naked and frail.
The sweet scented air tells of coming rains.
Maybe more. It is an interesting place.

Now, it's days like this that are the hardest.
The hardest to stay on task. The hardest
to get busy. The hardest
to sit down, shut up and write.

Today is extra special,
because I'm sick. Now don't take that as an excuse.
Instead, consider it another obstacle.
One that comes in mucus form.

Even on days like this, when it is hard
to get my mind wrapped around my chosen profession,
I can't help but be inspired by creativity.
People like Luke Sullivan.
If you’ve never heard him speak,
I suggest you read his book “Hey Whipple, Squeeze This”
or listen to the newest podcast from American Copywriter.

And no,
I'm not gonna go on some sort of rant about
how much he has inspired me to enter the industry.
(Although, he has.)
I'm just saying love what you do. And when
you can't remember why, keep tabs on people who love it, too.
They'll remind you why you're doing what you're doing.
Even if looking in the mirror doesn't help.

No comments: