Friday, August 17, 2007

Richmond is a long way from Lawrence.

I’m here. Richmond, VA.

And wow, I didn’t miss Southern humidity. It feels like I’m trying to breathe underwater and we all know how successful that can be, right? Right?!

Thus far, I’ve been a little overwhelmed with new names, new faces and some of the most interesting life stories I’ve ever heard. Folks from Thailand, India, Mexico and yes, the good ol’ U.S. of A. Oh, and let me clarify, overwhelmed in a good way.

I’m excited to get jiggy with the program and work my buns off all for the love of my craft. I’m also excited about finding opportunities to use words that no one uses anymore, ie. jiggy. I smell a resurgence, that is, unless Will Smith has it copyrighted.

I still can’t believe I’m here. It doesn’t feel like home. It feels like I’m just on trip or something; as if I’m coming back to KCI any day now. I’m sure it’ll set in that I’m in the deep end of the pool once my classes start up and my sleeping habits become worse than undergrad all-nighters could ever hold a candle to. Damn, I hope I packed my floaties.

One last thing to do before I get this show going, how am I suppose to come up with $40,000 to pay for this again?

No comments: